The ES program awards the James H. Scheuer Environmental Internship each year to the winning applicant whose proposal embraces environmental concerns.
The program also regularly nominates students for the Morris K. Udall Environmental Scholarship Competition. Several Swarthmore Environmental Studies students have been successful in this national competition in recent years.
"My career has relied extensively on linking disciplines and being a liaison or diplomat between professional communities. I credit my education at Swarthmore with preparing me to thrive in this role. The environmental studies program introduced me to the integrated nature of work on environmental topics."
Jonathan Makler '98
Senior Transportation Planner
Graduate Programs in Environmental Studies
- UC Berkeley, Environmental Science, Policy, and Management
- Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs, Master of Public Administration in Environmental Science and Policy
- Columbia University, Master of Arts Program in Climate and Society
- College of Charleston, Master of Science in Environmental Studies
- Duke University, Nicholas School of the Environment
- MIT, Center for Global Change Science
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, MS in Environmental Policy Studies, MS in Environmental Science
- NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, Environmental Conservation Education program
- University of New Hampshire, MA in Environmental Education
- Penn State, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Pollution Control, Human Dimensions of Natural Resources and the Environment
- Princeton University, Environmental Institute
- Oxford University, Environmental Change Institute
- Plattsburgh State University (SUNY), Center for Earth and Environmental Science
- University of Delaware, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy
- University of Idaho, Graduate programs in Environmental Science
- University of Illinois, Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences - Graduate Studies
- UC Santa Barbara, Donald Bren School of Environmental Science & Management
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Environmental Studies program
- University of Rhode Island, Graduate programs in Marine Affairs
- University of Southern California, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering graduate programs
- University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
- Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and Environmental Engineering program.
- Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center, Master's program in Marine Environmental Science
- Vanderbilt University, Center for Environmental Management
- a comprehensive listing of graduate programs in Environmental Management/Science/Studies (and other subjects) worldwide