How the first midterm will be run
- The first exam will be closed book, closed note, and have
no time limit. No calculators or computers are allowed.
- I will write an exam I believe is doable by well prepared
students in 50 minutes.
- You may start the exam anytime 8am – 5pm Tuesday (2/22)
or 8am –11:30am Wednesday (2/23), subject to the following
- You must take the exam in one sitting. Bathroom breaks
are fine, but breaks for meals, classes, or studying are not.
- You must finish by 12:30 Wednesday (2/23). (We will have no
class Wednesday, so if you are still taking the exam after
11:30, please come to the classroom to finish.)
- You must sign up with a definite starting time no later
than Friday (2/18) at the end of class.
- At your scheduled start time you should come get the
exam from me in my office. You should return the exam to me as
soon as you are finished. (Slide it under my door if I am out
of my office.)
- Do not talk to anyone about any aspect of the exam
—either specific or general—before the final due
time 12:30 Wednesday.