Update as of October 9, 2003
Period 9 through 22 October
- Planning is underway for a steam shut-down in Martin Building.
Facilities will work with the building occupants to schedule the
Cornell Addition (a.k.a. Biology/ Commons Wing)
- The connecting bridge is open to pedestrian traffic. Some
minor work remains to be finished along the walls during this
period. The fritted window glass will be installed over Fall
- Skanska will coordinate room access through Facilities for any
remaining punchlist items.
- No work during this period.
- Skanska will be coordinating access to rooms through
Facilities as required to work on punchlist items.
- The walls within the offices and lab in the center of the
building will be completed during this period. Lab casework will
be delivered and installation will start during the week of 10/13.
Work in the corridors will continue between the hours of 5:00 p.m.
and 1:30 a.m. Mechanical and electrical equipment installation as
well as flooring will continue in the corridors, labs and
Existing Dupont Research Annex
- Installation of duct, piping and conduit will continue during
this period. Room layout is complete and wall framing is
beginning. The roof will be replaced during this period.
Existing Dupont Physics Wing
- Layout and installation for new mechanical services will
continue. Installation of windows is starting. Interior layout is
complete and wall framing is starting.
Existing Dupont Chemistry Wing
- Demolition of the lower level interior of this wing will be
completed during this period. Interior layout is underway. Duct
and pipe installation will start during this period.
- Paving and seeding in front of the Chemistry Wing will be
on-going during this period.
- The work at the west end of the Hicks lot will continue with
topsoil, seeding and light pole installation.
- The west end of the reconfigured Hicks Parking Lot is
scheduled to reopen next week.
PEDESTRIAN / VEHICULAR ACCESS:
- The parking spaces on either side of the fire hydrant behind
Cornell Library will be unavailable on Monday, 10/13 so that a
crane can hoist the Martin bridge glass up to that area.
- The service drive behind Martin will be off-limits all day on
Tuesday, 10/14 to allow a crane to hoist an air handling unit to
the roof of Martin.
- A delivery truck pull-off has been paved at the Rugby Lot side
entry to Chemistry to serve as temporary loading point. Disruption
to traffic should be minimal.
- Parking along Whittier Place is prohibited during the hours of
7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The path at grade between Martin and Cornell is open. Access
to Cornell Library is also available through the new entrance at
the intersection of the Cornell Addition and the Commons.
- Demolition work inside the existing Dupont building continues.
There will be dust and noise associated with this work. There is
no public access to Dupont.
NOISE, VIBRATION, DUST, ODORS
- There may be some construction related noise, dust and
vibration during the corridor renovation work in Martin
- Earthmoving operations in the lawn area may produce dust when
the ground dries out.
- There will be some noise from delivery trucks, cranes and saws
throughout this period. These activities may be disruptive to
return to Home Page
Send message to the chair
of the Science Project User's Group, Rachel Merz
For inquiries regarding construction issues, send message to
last updated 10/9/03