Update as of April 5, 2004
Period 2 through 15 April
Please note: Planning is underway for
regrading of the service drive on the north side of Dupont Building.
The roadway will be raised about three feet behind Dupont to improve
access to the loading dock and provide ADA access to the north side
of the building. The service drive will be closed to all but
emergency traffic for about two weeks, sometime in May. Please
Semler if you have information about
scheduled events and/or critical needs related to the service drive,
so that information can be incorporated in the planning process.
- None planned at this time.
Cornell Addition (a.k.a. Biology/ Commons Wing)
- Planting in the garden between Cornell and Martin will start
in the next week.
Existing Dupont Physics Wing
- Installation of ceiling grid and lab casework will continue
through this period. Walls on the Lower Level will be taped,
spackled and painted. Ceiling grid will continue throughout.
Grilles and linear diffusers will be installed in the ceilings.
The ground level floor will be prepared to receive vinyl tile. The
curtainwall enclosing the bridge that connects the Physics wing to
the Commons, near Room 101, will be glazed during this
Existing Dupont Chemistry Wing
- Installation of marker boards, tack boards, wood trim and
wainscot will continue. Final roof repairs will start. Lighting
and fire alarm device installation will continue on the ground and
2nd levels. Plywood and gypsum wallboard installation will start
in the Lower Level. Duct installation will be completed in this
wing. Plumbing fixtures will be installed. The loading dock
concrete apron will be placed during this period.
- Stone paving in front of the Chemistry Wing and at the end of
Whittier near Beardsley will be on-going during this period.
- The installation of the bluestone path in the Harry Wood
garden will continue.
- Several trees will be planted around the south side of the
- Beginning in May, the service drive behind Dupont will be
closed to foot and vehicular traffic for two weeks so that the
existing road can be re-graded and re-paved. The road will be
accessible for emergency vehicles only.
PEDESTRIAN / VEHICULAR ACCESS:
- The delivery truck pull-off at the Rugby Lot side entry to
Chemistry remains in service as temporary loading point.
- Parking along Whittier Place is prohibited during the hours of
7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- There is no public access to Dupont.
NOISE, VIBRATION, DUST, ODORS
- Earthmoving operations behind Dupont may produce dust.
- There will be some noise from delivery trucks, cranes and saws
throughout this period. These activities may be disruptive to
return to Home Page
Send message to the chair
of the Science Project User's Group, Rachel Merz
For inquiries regarding construction issues, send message to
last updated 4/5/04