Update as of October 2, 2003
Period 25 September 2003 through
8 October 2003
- Planning is underway for a steam shut-down in Martin Building.
Facilities will work with the building occupants to schedule the
Cornell Addition (a.k.a. Biology/ Commons Wing)
- The connecting bridge is open to pedestrian traffic. Some
minor work remains to be finished along the walls during this
period. The fritted window glass will be installed over Fall
- Skanska will coordinate room access through Facilities for any
remaining punchlist items.
- No work during this period.
- Skanska will be coordinating access to rooms through
Facilities as required to work on punchlist items.
- The walls within the offices and lab in the center of the
building will be completed during this period. Lab casework will
be delivered and installation will start during the week of 10/6.
Work in the corridors will continue between the hours of 5:00 p.m.
and 1:30 a.m. Mechanical and electrical equipment installation
will continue in the corridors, labs and offices.
Existing Dupont Research Annex
- Installation of new duct will continue during this period.
Electrical rough-in is also on-going.
Existing Dupont Physics Wing
- Layout and installation for new mechanical services will
continue. The masonry and stone infill at the windows will be
completed. New windows will arrive at the end of this
Existing Dupont Chemistry Wing
- Demolition of the interior of this wing will be completed
during this period.
- Paving and seeding in front of the Commons will be on-going
during this period. - The work at the west end of the Hicks lot
will continue with paving and light pole installation.
- A portion of paving between Martin and the Commons will be
replaced beginning Tuesday, September 30th. Access to the Commons
during this period will be via the path under the Martin-Cornell
PEDESTRIAN / VEHICULAR ACCESS:
- The parking area behind Martin will be off-limits all day on
Monday, 10/6 to allow a crane to hoist steel to the roof of
- Tentatively, the service drive behind Martin Building will be
closed to vehicular traffic on Tuesday, October 14th so that a
crane can be positioned to hoist a new air handling unit onto the
- A delivery truck pull-off has been paved at the Rugby Lot side
entry to Chemistry to serve as temporary loading point.
Disruption to traffic should be minimal.
- Parking along Whittier Place is prohibited during the hours of
7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The path at grade between Martin and Cornell is open. Access
to Cornell Library is also available through the new entrance at
the intersection of the Cornell Addition and the Commons.
- Demolition work inside the existing Dupont building continues.
There will be dust and noise associated with this work. There is
no public access to Dupont.
NOISE, VIBRATION, DUST, ODORS
- There may be some construction related noise, dust and
vibration during the corridor renovation work in Martin
- Earthmoving operations in the lawn area may produce dust when
the ground dries out.
- There will be some noise from delivery trucks, cranes and saws
throughout this period. These activities may be disruptive to
return to Home Page
Send message to the chair
of the Science Project User's Group, Rachel Merz
For inquiries regarding construction issues, send message to
last updated 10/3/03