Update as of September 15, 2003
Period 12 through 25 September
- None scheduled at this time.
- The glass will be installed in the new second floor corridor
wall between the Library and the Cornell Addition.
Cornell Addition (a.k.a. Biology/ Commons Wing)
- The sidewalk into the south entrance is open to pedestrian
traffic. The connecting bridge has passed the State inspection
and is expected to be completed during this period.
- Skanska will coordinate room access through Facilities for any
remaining punchlist items.
- No work during this period.
- The Chemistry and Astronomy wing is currently in use. Skanska
will be coordinating access to rooms through Facilities as
required to work on punchlist items.
- The offices and lab in the center of the building are framed
and drywall is being applied to the walls. Work in the corridors
will continue between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 1:30 a.m.
Existing Dupont Research Annex
- Demolition of the Annex interior is nearly complete.
Installation of new duct will start during this period.
Existing Dupont Physics Wing
- Layout and installation for new mechanical services will
continue. The masonry and stone infill at the windows will
Existing Dupont Chemistry Wing
- Demolition of the interior of this wing will be completed
during this period.
- Rough grading and placement of paving in front of the Commons
will continue during this period. The work at the west end of the
Hicks will continue with paving and light pole installation.
PEDESTRIAN / VEHICULAR ACCESS:
- The Commons elevator will be shut down on Tuesday morning,
9/23 and re-open on Wednesday morning 9/24. The accessible route
to the second floor of the Cornell Addition, rooms 204 206 will be
from Martin, through the connecting bridge during this time.
- A delivery truck pull-off has been paved at the Rugby Lot side
entry to Chemistry to serve as temporary loading point.
Disruption to traffic should be minimal.
- Parking along Whittier Place is prohibited during the hours of
7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The path at grade between Martin and Cornell is open. Access
to Cornell Library is also available through the new entrance at
the intersection of the Cornell Addition and the Commons.
- Demolition work inside the existing Dupont building continues.
There will be dust and noise associated with this work. There is
no public access to Dupont.
NOISE, VIBRATION, DUST, ODORS
- There may be some construction related noise, dust and
vibration during the corridor renovation work in Martin
- Earthmoving operations in the lawn area may produce dust when
the ground dries out.
- There will be some noise from delivery trucks, cranes and saws
throughout this period. These activities may be disruptive to
return to Home Page
Send message to the chair
of the Science Project User's Group, Rachel Merz
For inquiries regarding construction issues, send message to
last updated 9/16/03