Some of the ways I use my "spare" time are listed below. Please ask me for details if you are interested!
- Volunteering as a patient escort at Planned Parenthood and the Philadelphia Women's Center to help patients gain access when protestors try to prevent them from entering the clinics. If you are interested to know who some of the protestors are and the groups to which they belong, please contact me.
- Playing with our exotic birds: a blue ring-necked parakeet (photo #1 and photo #2), a lovebird, a perfect lory, and two foster amazon parrots
- Some breeders in PA
- Birds n Ways: a guide to aviaries and breeders in the US
- Our board-certified avian vet is Dr. Gloria Goodman (610) 494-2811 on Concord Road in Aston
- Playing with our toy poodle (photo #1 and photo #2; no, she isn't very big, and her eyes really aren't red! )
- Southeastern PA yarn stores (Ewe and I in Bryn Mawr is a nice store on this list)
- A Garden of Yarn, Old Ridge Village, Chadds Ford, PA 19317, (610) 459-5599 (Anita has a great store but it has no web site)
- Puzzles -- especially those involving math, logic, etc.
- Watching the Daily Show