E91 - Embedded Systems
← Back to Embedded Systems Page ←
Some project ideas for E91b:
- Use the touch screen to build a "theremin" There is a little
tricky signal processing in changing frequency in real time.
- Design/experiment with an RTOS (Real Time Operating System).
- Try your hand at ad-hoc RF networking with TI's "Simpliciti" protocol
(or Zigbee, or Bluetooth).
- Explore the world of ultra-low power and "Energy
- Design a tool (for PC or MAC) in which you specify which parts of the
MSP430 you want to use (PWM, interrupts, A/D (on which channels), ...) and
it generates the necessary code to setup ports and provides empty code for
- Develop an easy to use USB interface to MSP430 (on both Mac/PC and
microcontroller side). The goal is to allow somebody to easily build a
USB connected device.
- Design with another embedded processor, PIC, Arduino, Embedded Linux,
- Design a USB connected device.
- Examine Ethernet connectivity with embedded device.
Back to Embedded Systems Page ←