A list of potential projects is
here, but feel free to pick
your own. You make work individually, or as a group. The project should be somewhat larger in scope than one of the labs.
- Proposal (10% of final grade):
- Make an appointment with me for April 9 or 10 to
discuss your idea.
- Quick (1-2 minute) oral project description in class April 11..
- A short written project proposal due April 16 that will include
- A description of your project
- A time line
- Some "proof of concept" (i.e., very preliminary results).
- Oral project report practice - a practice session for you oral
presentation on April 29 and counts for 20% of your
An individual will have 10 minutes, with 5 additional minutes for each group memeber.
- ½ for timing/smoothness of presentation
- ½ for a finished set of slides (i.e., no missing
images/equations...) These need not be fancy, but should have all
necessary information on them.
- Oral project presentation during the last week of classes.
- This will count for 35% of your grade and will be based on content
- Written report - a brief five to ten page synopsis of your project.
This will count for 35% of your grade. Due May 7.