- We will review any questions on the homework the class before it is due.
If your initials are next to the problem, you are responsible for presenting an
outline to the solution in class (not the entire solution, but enough
to get everybody working in the right direction).
- The assignment is due the night of the review session. You should come to the review session with the assigment mostly completed, and with questions on the problems you couldn't solve.
- If you have questions about the problem you are to present, please come
see me the day before. Please don't do so right before class.
- Late homework will be penalized 25% (homework will be collected in class), and won't be accepted
after 1 week.
Problems will be graded on a 5 point scale. I will typically only grade about half of the problems so I can return them to you more quickly.
- 5 points: +, solution is totally correct
- 4 points: ✔, solution is mostly correct
- 3 points: x, solution is mostly wrong, but a valid effort
- 2 points: -, no substantial effort, but problem was submitted
- 0 points: 0, not turned in.
- Assignment 0:
Problem 1 db, 2 ec, 3 jc, 4 je, 5 mg, 6 wg, 7 (review on Friday Jan 26 - due Friday night)
- Assignment 1: From text: 1.3 bh, 1.9 kh, 1.11 rj (note: this system can't operate in real time because outputs are generated faster than inputs are sampled), 1.13 mj, 1.15 gm, 2.2 an, 2.10 tn, 2.16 a,b parts 1-5 ar, 2.17 ns
- Assignment 2: 2.64 tw (assume 0<k1<k2 and 0<r1<1, 0<r2<1),
Extension to 2.64. To help visualize what is happening in
this problem I created a file sigs.mat. Put the file into your Matlab
directory, then load it into your Matlab workspace (>>load sigs).
There are two variables, y1 and y2. The signals have a sampling
frequency of 8 kHz (listen with >>soundsc(y1,8000)), and are
random signals instead of music.
Plot the autocorrelation of each. Use it to find reflection
coefficients and echo times. Note that I used reflection coefficients
less than 1, your book makes no such assumption. db,
3.2(a,c,e,f) je, 3.6 mg, 3.11a wg, 3.35 a,c,f (note part c is missing a comma before the last x(n) term)
- Assignment 3: Do 2.35 in z-domain (find overall H(z) and h(n) - skip part c) bh, 3.24 kh, 3.31 rj, 3.42 mj, 3.36 gm, 3.43 an, 3.46 tn, 3.49 ar
- Assignment 4: 4.3 (feel free to use Mathematica/MATLAB) ns, 4.4 tw, 4.6a-d db, 4.6e-h jc, 4.8 je.
- Assignment 5: 4.10 (try not to perform integration wherever possible) mg, 4.14 wg, 4.15 bh, 4.20 kh, 4.22 rj, 4.23 (hint: do part a last - after b and c) mj
- Assignment 6: 5.4 a,c,e gm, 5.12 an, 5.17 tn, 5.25 ar, 5.40 ns, 5.58 (recall that X(xxomega;) is periodic - also recall frequency shift theorem) tw, 5.64 db
- Review on Wednesday in class - due on moodle by Thursday morning at 6:00 am.
Note: I may add some problems. Whatever is posted at 4:30 Monday afternoon is the final assignment
Class list: db, jc. je. mg, wg. bh, kh, rj, mj, gm, an, tn, ar, ns, tw