- We will review any questions on the homework the class before it is due.
If your initials are next to the problem, you are responsible for presenting an
outline to the solution in class (not the entire solution, but enough
to get everybody working in the right direction).
- The assignment is due the night of the review session. You should come to the review session with the assigment mostly completed, and with questions on the problems you couldn't solve.
- If you have questions about the problem you are to present, please come
see me the day before. Please don't do so right before class.
- Late homework will be penalized 25% (homework will be collected in class), and won't be accepted
after 1 week.
Problems will be graded on a 5 point scale. I will typically only grade about half of the problems so I can return them to you more quickly.
- 5 points: +, solution is totally correct
- 4 points: ✔, solution is mostly correct
- 3 points: x, solution is mostly wrong, but a valid effort
- 2 points: -, no substantial effort, but problem was submitted
- 0 points: 0, not turned in.
- Assignment 0:
Problem 1 db, 2 ec, 3 jc, 4 je, 5 mg, 6 wg (review on Friday Jan 26 - due Friday night).
Class list: db, ec, jc. je. mg, wg. bh, kh, mj, gm, an, tn, mo, ko, oo, ar, tw