- We will go over any questions on the homework the class before it is due.
If your initials are next to the problem, you are responsible for presenting an
outline to the solution in class (not the entire solution, but enough
to get everybody working in the right direction).
- If you have questions about the problem you are to present, please come
see me - but please don't do so right before class.
- Late homework will be penalized 25% (homework will be collected in class), and won't be accepted
after 1 week.
- Assignment 0:
Problem 1 kb, 2 ab, 3 rc, 4 oe, 5 sf, 6 kh
- Assignment 1: From text 1.11 nr, 1.13 rr, 1.15
dsa, 2.2 dsp, 2.10 jv, 2.17 aw
- Assignment 2: From text 2.31 xz, 2.35 kb, 2.45 (write a
program to do this) ab, 2.51 rc, 2.64 oe (partial assignment - more
Extension to 2.64. To help visualize what is happening in
this problem I created a file sigs.mat. Put the file into your Matlab
directory, then load it into your Matlab workspace (>>load sigs).
There are two variables, y1 and y2. The signals have a sampling
frequency of 8 kHz (listen with >>soundsc(y1,8000)), and are
random signals instead of music.
Plot the autocorrelation of each. Use it to find reflection
coefficients and echo times. Note that I used reflection coefficients
less than 1, your book makes no such assumption.
3.2(a,c,e,f) sf, 3.6 kh
- Assignment 3: Repeat 2.35 in z-domain (find
overall H(z) and h(n) - skip part c) nr, 3.24 rr, 3.31 dsa, 3.42 dsp, 3.36 jv, 3.46 aw, 3.49 xz
- Assignment 4:
Problem 1 kb, 2 ab, 3 rc, 4 oe, 5 sf
- Assignment 5: 4.10 (try not to perform integration
wherever possible) kh,
4.14 nr, 4.20 rr, 4.22 dsa, 4.23 dsp
- Assignment 6: 5.13a jv, 5.14 aw, 5.38 xz, 5.58 kb, 5.59
ab, 5.80 rc
- Assignment 7: Represent 0.3 and 0.6 as 8 bit Q7
numbers. Show a) addition and b) multiplication and give the
decimal equivalent of the Q7 results. oe, 10.1 sf, 10.5 kh, 10.8 nr, 10.9 rr,
10.25 dsa (note Rx=1/Tx=Sampling freq).
- Assignment 8: 7.8, 7.9, 7.11, 7.23, 8.11, 8.25, 8.27,
10.10, 10.16a, 10.23
Class list: kb, ab, rc, oe, sf, kh, nr, rr,
dsa, dsp, jv, aw, xz