E5 Research Paper
Your assignment is to research a topic and to create a web page to present
- The paper topic is due Tuesday 9/20. Send me an email
with a short description of your topic.
- I have compiled a list of possible
topics, though you can write about any
subject that has a connection to engineering.
- The paper is due on Tuesday 10/18, the week you get back from Fall
Break. You must send me an email with the title of your paper, and its URL (Uniform Resource Locator -- the address of the web page).
- There should also be a link to your paper from your home page.
- If you want to use a digital
camera or scanner, one is available.
The format and content of the paper are up to you, with the following
- Your site must contain at least 4 references. One of these
references must be a printed reference, and one must be a URL to some other
web site, the other two can be any type of reference.
- You must include a link to your email address, so that others reading your
site can send you comments via email.
- You must include one page that describes how you found your
references. This need not be lengthy, but should describe what
resources you used in the library, web search engines... This is more
for me than for you, because I'd like to know what resources you found
- Your site must contain at least three pages that your wrote that are
linked together. For example, you could have one page that hold the
main body of your text, and another that contains your references, and a
third that describes how you found your references. However, the
decision on how to organize your site is ultimately up to you.
- The body of the paper should be around 1500 words, or so; though you can make
it longer, if desired.
- Other students in the class will visit your web site and comment upon
it. You will make changes to your site based upon this feedback.
A large part of your evaluation for this project will depend upon the
improvements you make
- I'd like to be able to compare your original web page to the improved
one. After the sites are all finished, I'll ask you to make a copy of your site -- so I can compare the two.
- I will ask you to keep your comments and post them as part of your web