Crude Generators and Motors
- Purpose: Demonstrate the importance of electromagnetic induction
in the operation of generators and motors.
- Motors (right photo) consist of small coils of wire suspended
above niodym-magnets; coils rest upon bent wires, and bent wires are connected,
via clip leads, to a battery pack.
- Generator (left photo) consists of a small coil of wire suspended
above a niodymium magnet; coil rests upon leads which are connected to a multimeter.
- Generators and Motors located in L01, section B4
- Multi-meter in L35, section F3
- Battery packs in L35, section E1.
- Clip-clip cables in L35, section E3