Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Located in L35, section H-3.
Very nice (and expensive) demo. Please handle with care.
For detailed operation instructions see Instructions booklets-
one for fuel cell stack, and one for electrolyzer.
- Connect fuel cell stack to electrolyzer as shown in above
- Fill tall cylinder with distilled water up to the 0cm mark.
- Fill the water reservoir of the electrolyzer with deionised
water up to the -A- mark.
- Connect the power supply, or solar cell, to the positive
and negative terminals of the electrolyzer. Current causes water to split
into oxygen and hydrogen.The oxygen escapes into the atmosphere, and the hydrogen
accumulates in the gas storage tank (tall cylinder).
- When hydrogen gas is allowed to flow into the fuel cell stack
(see fuel cell operating instructions booklet; pg 9), the voltage difference
that developes accross the stack can be used to power the fan (see above picture).
Also, the vlotage difference accross each indiviual cell can be measured with
a volt meter.
For Demo and Lab ideas see "Fuel Cell Technology for Classroom