Coulomb Force Apparatus
- Demonstrate 1/r^2 dependence of Coulomb force.
- For accurate measurements, potential difference between charged
spheres should be maintained using high-voltage power supply.
- For less-quantitative measurement, spheres can be charged
with rod and fur. Charge on sphere can then be measured using proof plane,
Faraday Ice Pail, and electrometer (right).
- Coulomb Apparatus: L01, section A2.
- Proof plane: L01, section A2, plastic bin.
- Faraday Ice Pail: L01, A2.
- Electrometer: L01, A1.