Arthur E McGarity
Professor of Engineering and Environmental Studies
- B.S. in Engineering Science, Trinity University,
- M.S.E. in Electrical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University,
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Department of Engineering
- Swarthmore College,
Swarthmore, PA 19081
- Office: Hicks 201
- Phone: (610)-328 8077
- Fax: (610)-328-8082
- "Water Quality Management," Chapter 2 in Civil and Environmental Engineering Systems: An Advanced Applications Text, edited by A.E. McGarity and C.S. ReVelle, forthcoming from John Wiley and Sons, 1997.
- Poland's Transition to a Market Economy: Prospects for Energy Efficiency and Conservation, Editor, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 1994.
- "Outdoor Tests of an Evacuated-Tube Heat-Pipe Solar Collector Using a Real-time Storage/Load Simulator," with Frederick L. Orthlieb. Proceedings of the 1983 Annual Conference of the American Solar Energy Society, p. 305, Washington, DC, April, 1993.
- "'I always Turn It On Super': User Decisions About When and How to Operate Room Air Conditioners," with W. Kempton and D. Feuermann, Energy and Buildings, special issue on air conditioning, Vol. 18, pp. 177-191, 1992.
- "Developing Crisis Stable Super Power Force Structures using Temptation and Protection Ratios," with C. ReVelle, chapter in Defense Decision Making: Analytical Support and Crisis Management, ed. by R. Avenhaus, H. Karkar, and M. Rudnianski, pp. 201-214, Springer-Verlag, 1991.
McGarity took over maintenance of this web page in March, 2012 and is currently updating his publication list to reflect activity since 1995 in Storm Water Systems Analysis and Optimization.
For now, visit my Watershed Website.
Stay tuned for updates - this web page is currently receiving much needed attention - March 2012
Photo courtesy of Seven Stars Photography
Last complete update: 09-10-96 ! Under Reconstruction 03-07-2012