Swarthmore’s commitment to aid and access is deep, longstanding, and continually being strengthened. It is at the core of our educational mission. By the numbers:
• $47,034: average aid award for all aided students.
• 58: percent of current first-year students who receive aid from the College.
• 32: percent of Swarthmore students receiving financial aid who have a family income of $60,000 or less.
• 20: percent of current first-year students who are the first generation in their family to attend college.
• 94: percent of Pell grant recipients - and all students - who entered in 2010 graduated within 6 years.
• 1950s: Swarthmore starts offering admission without regard to a family’s ability to pay and is one of only a small group of colleges in the country to meet all demonstrated need.